Ah, sad old abandoned Lindsayism.com, it's like when you start a new relationship and lose your own identity for a while. Every single day I save a bunch of things I read and enjoyed that I couldn't put on Videogum because they don't contain a "video element." Here are some from todayish.
* The Paparazzi Proof Tower: 2008's low-stakes version of the Titanic. (And yeah, like anyone followed by the paparazzi wants a shared pool.)
* The Face Your Manga app is big, duh. I started to do one and then thought I don't want to make my own, I want a friend to make mine and for me to make theirs. It's so fraught from both sides, it's like, real art or something! Also: why so many different kinds of mullet?
* Last night a friend visiting from San Francisco bought me a shot of this stuff: Fernet. It's very old and surely very famous, but it was new to me. I thought I would be all cool so I grabbed it out of her hand and threw it back. It tastes like 1000 aspirin dissolved in 1 ounce of Robitussin without the sweetness or point. I know this story sucks, but I've been obsessed with it all day. I was like a lemon baby for a full five minutes. I was like Laura on Little House when Mr. Edwards gave her the malaria medicine. I could go on for hours. (And I have, in internet-time.)
* Spencer Sloan never ceases to find new ways to be the best. Related: coincidentally obsessed with any and all movies based in the '80s in New York these days.
* Wine in a box: will it ever catch on for real? I buy my boxed wine at Vintage on Smith Street. Perfect for picnics and outdoor movies. (2008 bonus: you can say you're being "green" when really you're being cheap! There are so many new things like that in 2008.)
* Have you ever forced yourself to care about something because you had to, and then after a while you started actually caring? That's me with Mad Men. It's like what old grandmothers said about arranged marriages back in whenever: "You will grow to love him. The love will come." I am so deeply obsessed with Mad Men right now it's starting to taste like violence. (I started to use a crass term for "deeply obsessed with" but I just can't do it.)
* And one more of those plug-type links: Gabe's stuff makes me laugh out loud several times per day, every day, most recently late this afternoon: "Come over here and get your viewers."