(photo of rough drafts of charades lists by Jen.)
Quick Vermont Highlights:
1. You know how they say you should find the thing you love the most and that you're best at and then figure out a way to get paid for it? Well, unfortunately for me, it appears that my thing is "Charades."
7 people. 4 hours. Most. Fun. I've. Ever. Had. In. My. Entire. Life. Solemn vows have been made about making it a "regular thing", which would improve my life 100%.
2. You know what's fun? Going to the Applebees off exit 26 of I-91 with your friends on a Saturday night and sending a round of drinks over to a (slightly bewildered) random table.
3. You know what's supremely dorky but also worth a year of therapy? Going off by yourself at 3 am on a mountain and looking up at the stars while listening to In the Aeroplane Over the Sea in its entirety. I was having such a great time I threw on some On Avery Island (Song Against Sex, natch) and Mountain Goats at the end. It was enough to make me almost want to ditch the city for the land of Cars 'n' Stars.
Okay, now some value-adding links. You've suffered enough:
* I thought the headline was funny, but then two separate people urged me to read the entire thing, and they were right: When This Meth Thing Blows Over, You'll Come Crawling Back, by Cocaine
* Kids steal fake pot from billboard promoting Showtime's "Weeds":
(via Golden Fiddle)
* THE comprehensive analysis of the famous self-regard of aforementioned blogger Jaqueline Mackie Paisley Passey. (Includes a photo of her most recent bullet-dodging boyfriend!)